Sign up to picket for week 4 (12-16 March) by emailing us; we will send you the rota.
What is a picket line? It’s a symbolic barrier around the workplace (in this case all University premises) that UCU asks staff and students not to cross (for more information see our national guidance). Here are our local rules for pickets.
Picketing is an enjoyable, sociable and even sunny experience – even in the snow! The pickets give staff the confidence to strike, place pressure on management and provide an opportunity to talk to students. Even if you are not part of the dispute please visit the pickets and show your support!
Our pickets for Mon 12 – Fri 16 March are as follows:
- Downing site (map): 7.30am to 12.15pm
- New Museums site, Pembroke Street (map): 8.30am to 12.15pm
- Old Schools, King’s Parade (map): 7.30am to 12.15pm (from 8.30am on Tue & Wed)
- Sidgwick (West Rd & Sidgwick Ave entrances) (map): 8.30am – 12.15pm
- Engineering (Trumpington St entrance) (map): 8.30am to 12noon
- West Cambridge (Madingley Road entrance at corner of JJ Thompson Avenue) (map): 7.30am to 12noon
- Faculty of Education (Hills Road) (map): 8.30am to 12noon
- Cambridge Assessment (Hills Road) (map): 7.30am to 9.30am
- We are also planning pickets at Chemistry and Addenbrooke’s. Email us if you’re interested in joining.
To sign up to any of these sites email us, and we will send you the sign-up document for 12-16th March.
We are especially looking for ‘Picket Supervisors‘ for each site, on each day. This just means being a point of contact: you don’t have to be present the whole time, but you’ll need to be able to get to the picket within 10 minutes. Let us know if you can commit to being a supervisor on any day!